The other day I was trying to create a data driven subscription for a specific report and I couldn't. For some reason after I applied my stored credentials to the data source in Report Manager, I could only create a New Subscription, but not a DataDriven Subscription.
I honestly was baffled as to why I was getting this below error. I took all the necessary steps. I created the stored credentials in SSMS. Selected the database I wanted the access to and then applied the credentials on the data source in Report Manager.
After researching the above error message I believe that there is a bug that was found here. In my report, I used the Built –in field called “UserID” in the footer. What I had to do, to resolve this issue was, remove the UserID from the footer, redeploy the report to the Report Server, go back to the properties of that report and select Subscription.
After I did that, my screen looked like this:
From here I was able to create a new Data Driven Subscription. I hope this helps you all very much.